Thursday, September 15, 2016

Quadmaran 3D with patch

Amoni and I made some thin pieces of foam with the hot-wire cutter.  Then we attached them to the very thin part of the 3D printed floats with quickties.  This made the model work really well.  All it needed was a bit more flotation near the waterline. We took the SWATH idea too far and had to back off a bit.   See video below.

The batteries were dead on our good slow-mo camera so we had to use my cell phone.  The sun was bouncing off the water to the camera.  So this is not great video but the model worked really well.

Update next morning with slow-mo video:

No comments:

Post a Comment