- Get battery charge level and temperature
- Turn on and off the LED on the phone
- Use camera without any operator help (both front and back, and different resolutions, save to file)
- OCR (will just specify color range for letters, return text)
- Computer vision (where is the Red blob, which way to yellow ball, return X,Y and number of pixels)
- Get distance camera autofocus reports
This app we will probably sell on Play Store for $10. It could be nice for anyone using App Inventor.
Some other things that we might want to add to this Java app:
- Access/control GoPro camera. There is a GoProJavaApi.
- Measure sonar distance using phone speaker and microphone
Demo of App Inventor with Vision
We will do a project or two where we use an Android phone, App Inventor, our Java app, and some toy to do something fund with robot vision.
- Lots of bluetooth toys
- More bluetooth toys
- Deskpets - like $28 for a cute little toy with tank treds - also shooting tank
- Sphero - ball rolls around based on commands - with vision could be fun LED glow should make it easy for vision to identify ball
- Robot arm
- A toy car
- Toy Truck