This list is ordered starting with the most important:
1) Solar electric blue water family liveaboard yacht.
2) Yachts can connect together to form a train of yachts.
3) Want to maximize sq-footage-of-living-space/total-cost-of-ownership (maximize space available not weight capacity). Should be much lighter and cheaper than other boats with this much living space. For a solar powered boat we want lots of area for solar but not too much weight.
4) Shape and position of hulls makes yacht extremely resistant to capsize or sinking without any active stabilization.
5) Shape of hulls provides gentle and quiet motion both underway and in harbor. Less sudden motion than comparable length/price monohull or catamaran.
6) Want simple operation and maintenance, no need to hire crew. Also high levels of redundancy so there is no need to panic after a failure.
7) Relatively slow cruising speed, estimating 3 to 5 knots, but enough solar and battery to be able to keep moving 24 hours a day.
I think my Quadmaran design can achieve the above goals but their could be something even better.
There is also a long version of the concept.
Post a Comment